Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Art of Complaining



I feel like 85% (random statistic I just made up myself) of our communication with other human beings is through complaining. We do it to relate to eachother. We complain about our jobs, our bodies, our pasts, traffic, money, everyday obstacles. I've come to the conclusion that things aren't so bad and that people, for the most part, constantly complain. This has become widely accepted. I'm guilty of it. You're guilty of it. People bond through mutual complaints. Women complain about men. Babies complain about pooping. Men complain about their lackluster lives. Old people complain about everything. I think everyone should just try to shut it for a while. People's new years resolutions always revolve around getting healthy. Do yourself a favor and make one about complaining less. Let's start the positive comment epidemic. Honestly seriously try to not complain for one day and see how it goes. I guarantee it will be almost impossible. Now try a week. You will see hard it is to not complain and notice how often other's do it too. When did we become so whiney? I'm promoting the change now! We don't have malaria or a potato famine or some shit so let's smarten up and start living life instead of complaining about it. There are other ways to make conversation.

2 comments :

  1. OK I will try not to complain about having to carry highchairs while I am at Cheesecake today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game on Jan...Game on...just don't try to "diversify" my section today, and we should be good to go!

    ReplyDelete