Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recurring dream



I only have one recurring dream. Since I was a kid. I'm underwater and keep trying to swim to the top but can't get there. I keep thinking my fingertips are going to touch the surface but they never make it and the light of the sky keeps getting further and further away no matter now hard I swim. I try to cry out but you can't make a significant noise underwater. I love the ocean. It's one of my favorite things in the world. I'm a strong swimmer and I don't fear it. But in my dream it swallows me up. I'm trying to kick and swim and scream and get to the top but it swallows me and defeats me and I get tired but keep trying to swim. And I then I wake up.

"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream." John Lennon

No comments :

Post a Comment