Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things I Like Part Thrice (that means three)

Some more random things that have sparked my interest while bored:


The Buried Life- A new show on MTV where 4 semi-hot guys cross things off on their list of 100 things they want to do before they die. They break into a party at the Playboy mansion, try to ask Meghan Fox on a date, make a toast at a strangers wedding and help deliver a baby. They're all pretty hilarious but the show hits its high notes while they try to help other people accomplish something they've always wanted to do. They help one man get in touch with his son, help an underprivileged class, help a little girl ride a roller coaster for the first time and fly a girl to visit her mom's grave for the first time. Those moments of the show are the best. At the end of every show they have random people on the street name the things they'd want to do. It's addicting to watch. What do you want to do before you die? Expect a blog list of my 100, soon to come. I know you're clicking your heels in excitement.








Boston Market Mac and Cheese: The cheese is so runny and liquidy but it's still so good. For wussies a single serving too rich to finish. For me, it's the condiment I dip my cornbread in after. More please.

The Grammys:



Not Pink

Actually Pink




Here's to awards show stepping it up lately. Awards shows have been focusing less on the hosts and more on the quality of performances and with declining records sales and the recession, performances are shakkkkin it like the rents due tomorrow! And I love it. I'm a big fan of Pink (not all of her lyrics. I know some are ridiculous and Fergie-esque. Mostly her voice and ability to perform). I feel like she's underrated and this performance will probably be overlooked because Lady Gaga is so big this year. But if you can do a Cirque Du Soleil influenced (the pic above of the Cirque du Soleil performer is a dead ringer for the actual performance under that) act while upside down and twilring and soaking wet and still sing like an amazing bitch...well...you're awesome. She has said that she'd rather sound like shit than lipsynch and yet I've never heard her sound like shit. I do however think I saw her vagina. Can we also touch upon really quickly Beyonce singing Alanis Morissette and completely not even sounding like herself? Can she be like that all the time? Minus the fan blowing in her hair. I'd like her so much better.
Kings of Leon's outfits. I love them. Other than the weird one in the middle they're all smokin and won a grammy which is nice. On the red carpet Guilana Rancic was awkward and uncool and didn't know how to talk to them and they mocked her bedazzled microphone and asked if she did it herself. Oh I love them. Caleb looked the best but the nerd glasses worked too. All hail drunk awkward rock and roll nerds.




Buying used Dvd's on Amazon.com So convenient and so cheap. You can find most movies for under 3 bucks. I had Breakfast at Tiffany's on VHS but wanted to get it on DVD. I ordered this, Streetcar Named Desire, On the Waterfront, and Pan's Labrynth all for under 20 bucks. Love online shopping. Sometimes a gal just needs a little retro spirit in her life. And Paul Varjack. And a nameless cat. And a trip to Sing Sing for the weather report.


90's floral comeback for home decor and clothes:




I'm obsessed with this rug. The third pic in is a pair of shorts and I love those too. Just don't overdo this look or you'll end up looking like Gibbler from Full House.




Vegas Vacation was on the other day. A) It made me miss Vegas which used to be my familiy's second home (an ode to Cirque Du Soleil will follow.) And B) there are so many terrible yet funny lines in this movie. Nick Papagorgio. Wayne Newton. So classic.

2 comments :