Thursday, December 3, 2009

Things I Like Right Now Part Deuce

Bravo sir, bravo: Emile Hirsch in Into The Wild. The scene where he eats the apple is just really cool. Thinking back on it, he doesn't say a lot in the whole movie even though 99% of the movie is him. But he still portrays so much. Imagine having 25 grand in the bank and a Harvard degree, giving all your moolah to charity, burning all your credit cards and ID's and just walking to Alaska. Just kickin it. Take THAT society. He showed yo... wait. Sounds like a really dumb idea but it's a cool movie and it might make you want to live in a van and listen to Pearl Jam all the time.









Food: Crab Rangoons. I don't think that needs much of an explanation really...




Painting: Vampire by Edvard Munch. This artist is best known for The Scream, which evvvverybody knows. But his other stuff is sooooo kick ass. Check it out if you feel so inclined. It's the painting above with the redhead. The title in no way reflects a love I have towards vampires... cause I don't. Screw you vampires and your grasp on pop culture. Stupid twilight pics came up when I googled that image.



Beauty: Blue nail polish. Suprisingly flattering.





More beauty: The Soap and Glory Line from Target. I got drawn in by the retro packaging But their Clean Mary Milk Cleanser and masks and other fun stuff makes my chubbo cheeks feel oh so nice. Seriously, stroke my face next time you see me.



Movie: The Notorious Bettie Page. Maybe this movie prompted me to buy retro looking face products??? Damn you subliminal messaging... Anyways Gretchen Mol is usually this mousey giddy lame actress but in this movie she plays a totally believable naive screwed up Jesus AND bondage loving Bettie Page. Who knew the forties were so scandalous? It's shot really cool and its a twisted weird awesome message on morality and how values form over generations, etc. etc. I definitely liked it. If any close minded males are reading this and are hesitant to see it: boobies?






No comments :

Post a Comment